Spring greens have turned to verdant greens, football is around the corner, and even though the temperature hasn’t changed, there are definite signs of fall!
1. Harvest Hellos–Arrange different sizes of pumpkins on your front porch steps–interspersed with Fall Pots of Mums.
2. Bronze is beautiful–spray that old side table or the family heirloom side chair or concrete table base that has been sitting in a far corner of your garage a rich bronze or hammered gold color–add a glass top or colorful cushion to the chair and make it a statement piece!
3. Make an apple pie–the house will smell like fall–and take the extra apples and arrange in pretty glass dishes in the kitchen and foyer!
4. Monogram your style!! Add an heirloom monogrammed throw or pillows in rich hues of rust, brown, or gold or bold fall checks–put away the light summery throws and pillows until spring!
5. Arrange lots of fall scented candles around the house such as Spiced Chestnut, Copper Clove, or Baltic Amber.
6. Host a football party when your favorite team is playing–hang the team flag outside, fill the cooler, make game-day chili, pulled pork nachos, Buffalo Chicken Meatball Slider, and your favorite Brownie recipe–and lots of bowls of popcorn!
7. Fill your vases with lots of fall flowers in the rich fall colors–zinnias, mums, marigolds,–add lots of warm colors throughout your home!
8. Paint an accent in your guest room or bathroom–use a rich metallic paint in gold or bronze for fun and change the look in a matter of hours!
9. Change the area rug in your foyer or great room–go from white cream beige to the richer colors in shades of terracotta, slate blue, goldenrod, or warm neutrals such as caramel.
10. Above all, make it warm and inviting!